Thursday, June 16, 2011

Two Philosophies

Mid 90s, I was introduced to Kaizen by Dad. What ever you are doing, can be done better. A print-out was stuck in the office. We actually started practicing it. Its a simple method for continuous improvement. Improvement is step by step, flows smoothly, no drastic changes. Kaizen is applicable to all aspects of life. It helps to; change for the better.

Early 90s, ever since I got Kinetic-Honda scooter I started learning about Honda. Everything about Honda was impressive. Mid 90s I heard about Honda philosophy: Be close to customers: Understand their needs: Exceeds their expectations. I adopted it at work. Though we could not exceed our customers' expectations, our products & services quality improved a great deal. Our clients were happier than before and we cut down on wasteful activities. By late 90s, our team was organized, confident and capable.

These two philosophies made a huge difference in my life. From another point of view, I may have not achieved much in life but the Kaizen and Honda philosophies have helped me achieve what I have until now.

.........

No comments: